Introduction to the Full English Curriculum in Earth Sciences (Master / Doctoral Program)
The Full English Curriculum in Earth Sciences is a graduate program proposed by the Department of Earth Sciences, National Taiwan Normal University. It offers courses in English for international students who wish to obtain master or/and doctoral degrees from the Department of Earth Sciences.
For the Master Program, each student can select one of the five research topics from the Department to major in:
2. Atmospheric Science,
4. Geophysics, and
The master program should take 1 to 4 years to complete the degree, while the doctoral program is expected to spend 2 to 7 years to obtain the degree.
The academic year of the Full English Curriculum Programs begin in August for the admission of fall semester and in February for spring semester.
Applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
Those who have graduated, or are expected to graduate from a university by July 31 for fall admission and January 31 for spring admission that year.
Those who have earned, or are expected to earn a master’s degree by July 31 for fall admission and January 31 for spring admission that year.
1. Curriculum Vitae (See forms below)
2. All transcripts in English at the undergraduate level and above. Please include class ranking and the number of students in the class for undergraduate level
3. A photocopy of the diploma (in English) of the highest academic degree
4. Two recommendations (in English), please download the form from the ES department website
5. Research proposal or Statements of Purpose (SOP)
6. Academic publications if any, and any documents that might be supportive (e.g. certificates of awards and honors, etc.)
7. Transcript of GRE General Test (optional, but strongly recommended)
8. Transcript of IELTS, TOFEL or of its equivalent for students from non-English speaking countries (optional, but strongly recommended).
For the general requirements and regulations, please refer to the Admission Prospectus announced by the Office of International Affairs, NTNU.
How to Apply?
Please apply online via our application website: https://bds.oia.ntnu.edu.tw/bds/apply. Only online applications shall be accepted. Please fill out the online application, uploading all documents before the stated
deadline. Hard copy applications/documents will not be accepted.
Visit “National Taiwan Normal University International Student Application” website for further informations. For the enquiry about application procedure, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships / Fellowship
International students can apply for scholarship and/or tuition fee waiver. Applications will be reviewed by a committee and a selection will be based on merit.
For further information, please visit to the Office of International Affairs (OIA), NTNU website.